Binghamton NY, Part-Time
Shumaker Consulting Engineering and Land Surveying, D.P.C. is seeking a Project Engineer. The candidate will lead, supervise, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of civil/site and/or transportation projects.
▪ Supervises or coordinates the work of design engineers, draftspersons, technicians, and others who assist in projects, assignments & tasks.
▪ Keep project tasks on schedule to meet deadlines.
▪ Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, and extensive project coordination.
▪ Write Technical and Design Report Documents.
▪ Review and markup plan sets and quantity estimates, back check revisions.
▪ Assist in preparing project scopes and budgets.
▪ Interact with clients, customers, officials, and contractors.
▪ Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments
▪ BS Engineering from an accredited four year college
▪ 5+ years of experience Experience with Transportation & Highway Design Knowledge of NYSDOT and/or NYSTA, and local municipal transportation infrastructure or civil/site design experience.
▪ Microstation & Inroads or AutoCAD experience required
▪ Project management experience including budget and schedule monitoring and control responsibilities desired, but not required
▪ Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of NY or ability to obtain licensure in New York State within 6 months required Valid Driver License
▪ Effective communication skills
▪ Highly detailed & goal oriented
▪ 401k Match Program
▪ Health Insurance
▪ Dental Insurance
▪ Vision Insurance
▪ Life/LTD Insurance
▪ Paid Holidays
▪ Paid Sick/Personal Leave
▪ Paid Vacation
▪ Flexible work schedule
▪ Tuition Reimbursement
Phone – (607) 798-8081
Fax – (607) 798-8186
Email – email@example.com