Shumaker Consulting Engineering & Land Surveying, D.P.C. is seeking an experienced Wetland Scientist for our Environmental Services Division, in either our Albany or Binghamton, NY office. In this role, you will perform, lead, and manage environmental field studies, which include wetland field delineations, ecological studies, threatened and endangered species surveys, and habitat surveys/assessments. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of NYSDEC, USACE, NYNHP, USFWS, NYSOPRHP, & APA permitting and environmental review processes. They will also have experience in preparing NEPA documents and obtaining the necessary environmental & other required local, state, & federal permits including Clean Water Act 401/404 permits and wetland jurisdictional determinations.
Excellent leadership, interpersonal, written, & verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently, & as part of a team are required. Comfortable in both an office & field environment, as assignment priorities may change.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Botany or a related discipline. Master of Science, is a plus.
▪ Minimum 3 years experience as a Wetland Scientist.
▪ Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) Certification is preferred.
▪ Experience in project management and performing, managing and leading field surveys & teams, is a plus.
▪ Experience with tablet-based field data collection & Trimble hand-held GPS units is required.
▪ Additional project experience with Environmental Auditing, Permitting, Compliance Planning, Reporting Assistance, Quality Review, Due Diligence, Air Quality, Water Quality Permitting, Bulk Storage, Solid Hazardous Waste, Hazardous Materials (asbestos, lead, mold, PCB), NYSDOT, NYSDEC, BOA, rules and regulations, & Phase I, II, III Environmental Site Assessments with an emphasis on contaminated sites, is a plus.
▪ ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD experience is preferred.
▪ Private environmental consulting experience is preferred.
▪ 40-Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations Certified, is a plus.
▪ 401k Match Program
▪ Health Insurance
▪ Dental Insurance
▪ Vision Insurance
▪ Life/LTD Insurance
▪ Paid Holidays
▪ Paid Vacation
▪ Flexible work schedule
▪ Tuition Reimbursement
Phone – (607) 798-8081
Fax – (607) 798-8186
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org